Senior Data Engineer
What inspires you? This is the question that drives most career decisions.
Is it working with a fantastic team dedicated to a common goal? Is it the ability to make an impact on the success of a company and its future? Or maybe you’re mission-driven, inspired to help educators, students, content creators and small businesses make an impact through creative expression. We hope it’s all of the above!
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our team and drive our company’s data pipelines.
- You will architect and implement our data pipelines, to and from a central warehouse, data lake or similar
- You will define and implement strategies for ensuring data reliability and availability
- You will work with Analytics, Marketing, Sales and Product groups to develop data solutions that meet business objectives
You are a great candidate if:
- You have a proven record and experience in architecting, implementing and maintaining Data strategies and architectures for SaaS applications
- You have a deep experience with data structures, databases and data warehousing technologies like Amazon Redshift or Google BigQuery
- You have experience in working with schema design, large data structures and data adapters
- You are proficient in designing and implementing ETL pipelines
- You have experience leveraging Big Data technologies, like Hadoop, Spark and / or Kafka (or similar)
- You are fluent in Java, Python, SQL
- You take a data driven approach to product workflows, funnels and decision making
- You are open-minded, flexible and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems
- You have the passion to explore and use the latest development tools and platforms
- You are acutely aware of Data Privacy, PII regulations and best practices
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in technology or equivalent work experience
You’re a fantastic candidate if:
- You have experience with some of the following platforms: Salesforce, Hubspot, Mixpanel, PayPal, Stripe, Baremetrics, Talend
- You have the ability to write event tracking code in multiple languages and platforms
- You have experience with actively contributing to, or formulating data strategies with impact across an organization or product area
- You are enthusiastic about leveraging ML at all stages of the data flows
You are actively seeking to educate peers and stakeholders on how to use data effectively
Benefits & perks:
- Competitive compensation
- The 13th salary
- Lunch tickets of 30 RON/working day
- Gym membership (or any other sports)
- Medical insurance with MedLife
- Flexible work environment
- Free snacks and enough free caffeine to keep you up for 2 weeks straight
- Employee development resources
Why you might like working here:
- We’re a small, close-knit team that enjoys working and learning from each other.
- People stick around. Some of your future colleagues have been here for over 10 years.
- Our users love our product; just take a look at what they are saying on social media.
WeVideo is a powerful, easy to use, cloud-based collaborative video creation platform that is the digital storytelling choice of more than 10,000 schools worldwide. With nearly 40 million accounts created to date, WeVideo is also the first choice of consumers and businesses, as well as the video backbone for many third-party solutions. WeVideo is a Google for Education partner and is the exclusive digital storytelling solution for Google’s Education Creative Bundle for Chromebooks. WeVideo is also a Microsoft Education Partner. Anyone can access WeVideo, from any computer or device at school, home, work, or on the go to capture, edit, view and share videos with secure storage of their content in the Cloud.