Senior Manager, Order Operations (USA Remote)
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
At Gurobi Optimization, we're on a mission!
A mission that focuses on mathematical optimization – it's all that we do. We empower our customers to expand their use of mathematical optimization technology in order to make smarter decisions and solve some of the world's toughest and most impactful business problems. We're looking for passionate, dedicated, innovative game-changers to join our team and drive the future of Gurobi.
Think you have what it takes to be a Gurobian? Read on...
1. Do you enjoy solving complex problems?
2. Are you passionate about Process Optimization?
3. Do you like being part of a team and working collaboratively?
“If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Gurobi.
As the Senior Manager of the Licensing and Operations team at Gurobi Optimization, your role involves juggling various tasks in a customer-centric setting. You'll be responsible for overseeing a diverse team spread across the globe. Your interactions won't be limited to just your team; you'll also collaborate with other internal departments like Sales, Finance, IT, Platform and Support, and external customer support. This position is a hybrid one that combines senior-level responsibilities in licensing and business operations. It is significant in the business since it influences how our product is sold (through licensing) and our overall operations.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver exceptional customer service by managing the order fulfillment team and resolving escalated issues efficiently.
- Responsible for ensuring software license keys for commercial and non-commercial offerings are delivered in an accurate and timely manner using the CRM platform Salesforce.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to maintain and enhance service quality while generating license reports and tracking transfers and violations.
- Contribute as a key business stakeholder to business process improvements, collaborating across functionally in requirement gathering, and testing proposed solutions in the systems, with a heavy emphasis on Salesforce.
- Ensure proper documentation of team workflows.
- Oversight of team tasks such as branch office and business entity registrations, vendor setups, supplier registrations, tax residency, and insurance certifications, and responding to customer security questionnaires, including periodic renewals.
- Collaborate with sales, finance professionals, and leadership to align operations with the business strategy, objectives, and projects.
- Oversee, coach, mentor, hire, and train a global team, including performance management.
- Work across various global time zones in a remote work setting.
- Implement and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, legal requirements, and audit standards.
- Foster a safe, secure, and inclusive workplace environment.
What experience and qualifications should you have?
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in licensing and operations, particularly within the software industry.
- A Bachelor's Degree is a mandatory requirement.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years in managing a team of highly skilled individual contributors.
- Proficiency in handling multiple projects with different priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong customer-facing abilities underpinned by excellent oral and written communication skills.
What skills and abilities should you have?
- Proficiency in the Salesforce Platform.
- A solid grasp of the Lead-to-Cash process.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of software licensing and the ability to assess and improve the licensing and operations business model as required.
- Familiarity with legal, finance, and revenue recognition processes.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify problems and devise solutions.
- An agile and self-motivated individual who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- A systematic approach to tasks with exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Teams, PowerPoint, and othersas necessary.
What other requirements should you have? Specialized knowledge:
- Proficiency in Zendesk or a similar customer service software platform.
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Software Platforms is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of Legal Contracts, specifically Order Forms, and an understanding of Compliance/Audit standards are advantageous qualifications for this role.
Your Alignment with our Gurobi Core Values:
- Customer Focus: Verbal & written communication skills that bring clarity and build trust.
- Power of the Team: Motivated with a team-oriented mindset that aims to both inspire and be inspired by others.
- Innovation: The courage to bring ideas forward and see yourself as an integral part of our global team.
- Dedication: Organized and agile, focusing on meeting professional objectives while promoting a healthy work/life balance.
- Integrity: Promise to uphold honesty as your compass and conduct all business practices with an ethical mindset and fiscal responsibility.
Do you know Gurobi?
Gurobi is an innovative remote company full of smart, committed professionals who are passionate about helping people solve tough problems through optimization. We balance work and fun while continuing to build a successful company that experiences growth in a sustainable way with purpose. When you join Gurobi, your voice matters. We believe in the power of people and never stop improving our work culture.
We produce the most advanced and respected commercial solver software globally. Our Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by over 2,500 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions - or even trillions - of possible solutions to find the best one!
Just to show you how versatile our solver is - one of our clients is the NFL. We maximize league revenue by solving one of the world’s most complex scheduling problems. Can you believe it had over 800 trillion possible solutions? We get so excited for these possibilities!
Our enterprise clients include Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, and SAP - just to proudly name a few.
Did you know we have been remote since 2008? It's true. The size of our team has tripled in 3 years just to keep up with our global support needs. While growth does require the business to evolve and change over time, we stay centered on our 5 core values: Customer Focus, Integrity, Dedication, Innovation, and The Power of the Team. That's why Gurobians will be the first to tell you that when you join Gurobi - you join a company that you can help drive far into the future.
What we offer?
· GREAT COMPANY CULTURE!
· 100% work from home
· Comprehensive compensation benefits programs
· Generous time off and leave programs
· Fun virtual meetups and classes
· Real work/life balance
· Reimbursement for any new home office furniture
· Worldwide team and company offsite meetings - business travel reimbursed
· Continuous review of programs – based on continuous feedback from our people.
Our Core Values
We strive for continual improvement in our product and in our business. We develop cutting-edge technology, take measured risks, and use critical thinking to evaluate new ideas.
We are dedicated to helping our customers, partners, and academic community succeed with mathematical optimization.
We endeavor to be honest, trustworthy, and transparent in everything we do. We are fair, respectful, and inclusive of everyone.
We love the work we do and are proud of the impact we have.
The Power of the Team
We celebrate the fact that we are an international, multigenerational, and multicultural team that works together to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are committed to a healthy work environment at Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse global community. We welcome different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Gurobi is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or membership in any other legally protected category.
What does working remote for a global company mean at Gurobi? We require you to be eligible to live and work in the location where the position is needed. You can see the location of this position at the top of the posting within the Region/Location/ Travel line. Region pertains to the area that the role primarily supports. Location pertains to where you would need to reside to be considered.