Marketing Manager - Japan (Hybrid)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
At Gurobi Optimization, we're on a mission!
A mission that focuses on mathematical optimization – it's all that we do. We empower our customers to expand their use of mathematical optimization technology in order to make smarter decisions and solve some of the world's toughest and most impactful business problems. We're looking for passionate, dedicated, innovative game-changers to join our team and drive the future of Gurobi.
Think you have what it takes to be a Gurobian? Read on...
1. Do you enjoy planning events?
2. Are you always looking for ways to influence others and get them excited?
3. Do you like being part of a team and working collaboratively?
“If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Gurobi.
As a Marketing Manager at Gurobi Optimization, your role is pivotal in developing annual and quarterly marketing plans aimed at generating leads. Your responsibilities include having a deep understanding of the region and working closely with the sales team to brainstorm, strategize, plan, and execute regional marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate should excel in collaborating with a diverse team and have a strong passion for lead generation. You will be responsible for effectively coordinating website construction, organizing and executing events, creating impactful marketing materials, and managing budgets. Additionally, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy of translations and fostering strong relationships with business partners to support our marketing initiatives. Your dedication to driving growth and enhancing brand recognition will be fundamental to the success of Gurobi Optimization's marketing efforts.
What will you be doing?
· Create and implement annual and quarterly marketing plans aimed at lead generation.
· Develop and execute multi-touch regional campaigns that include relevant audience content, customer training, third-party events, email, webinars, and social and digital activities to target and progress potential clients through the buyer's journey.
· Monitor performance via Marketing KPIs and campaign reports to ensure continued optimization of marketing channels, lead scoring, and marketing/sales funnel conversions.
· Analyze market studies and local requirements to adapt to the regional marketing strategy.
· Collaborate with the global marketing team to establish and align general functions, including goal setting, marketing plans, targets, and strategies, with the team's overarching goals and plans.
· Support product marketing initiatives to promote the launch of new product releases and drive the adoption of our solver.
· Collaborate effectively with non-Japanese team members to achieve sales and marketing objectives.
· Coordinate website construction, including content creation, managing web vendors, and other related tasks.
· Plan and participate in academic events.
· Create marketing materials such as catalogs, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, and event materials.
· Coordinate case studies, including customer interviews, negotiations, and content creation.
· Review and ensure the accuracy of translations.
· Build and manage regional marketing budget and expenses.
· Cultivate strong relationships with business partners to support marketing initiatives.
· Prepare monthly newsletter for distribution to customer base.
What experience and qualifications should you have?
· Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field.
· Proficiency in English at a business level.
· Native proficiency in Japanese.
· 8+ years of experience developing marketing programs for SaaS (Software as a Service).
· Previous experience working in a multicultural, westernized environment.
· Experience managing agencies, vendors, and large projects.
· Solid events, project management, and analytical skills, attention to detail, and a self-starter.
· Experience building and executing integrated campaigns across multiple marketing tactics and platforms across account base and new logos.
· Travel 10% or less.
What skills, abilities, and behaviors should you have?
· Maintain contacts with Japanese press outlets.
· Possess the ability to write press releases in Japanese and coordinate their distribution in Japan.
· Arrange and conduct press interviews.
· Write monthly newsletters.
· Assume responsibility for PR activities and media appearances.
· Proficiency in design using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
· Proficiency in writing marketing documents in Japanese for publication.
· Ability to establish and maintain strong positive relationships with many stakeholders (internal and external)
· Experience working with sales teams to understand and integrate needs into their processes.
· A customer-centric mindset focused on understanding our customer’s challenges to tailor our marketing message.
· Ability to have a clear and complete idea of our global marketing strategies to successfully and smoothly localize them.
What other requirements should you have?
· Proficient in Microsoft Word.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
· Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint.
· Familiar with WordPress.
· Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator.
· Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
· Familiarity with customer relationship management systems and marketing automation tools. · Salesforce and Marketo experience a plus.
Do you know Gurobi?
Gurobi is an innovative remote company full of smart, committed professionals who are passionate about helping people solve tough problems through optimization. We balance work and fun while continuing to build a successful company that experiences growth in a sustainable way with purpose. When you join Gurobi, your voice matters. We believe in the power of people and never stop improving our work culture.
We produce the most advanced and respected commercial solver software globally. Our Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by over 2,500 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions - or even trillions - of possible solutions to find the best one!
Just to show you how versatile our solver is - one of our clients is the NFL. We maximize league revenue by solving one of the world’s most complex scheduling problems. Can you believe it had over 800 trillion possible solutions? We get so excited for these possibilities!
Our enterprise clients include Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, and SAP - just to proudly name a few.
Did you know we have been remote since 2008? It's true. The size of our team has tripled in 3 years just to keep up with our global support needs. While growth does require the business to evolve and change over time, we stay centered on our 5 core values: Customer Focus, Integrity, Dedication, Innovation, and The Power of the Team. That's why Gurobians will be the first to tell you that when you join Gurobi - you join a company that you can help drive far into the future.
What we offer?
· GREAT COMPANY CULTURE!
· 100% work from home
· Comprehensive compensation benefits programs
· Generous time off and leave programs
· Fun virtual meetups and classes
· Real work/life balance
· Reimbursement for any new home office furniture
· Worldwide team and company offsite meetings - business travel reimbursed
· Continuous review of programs – based on continuous feedback from our people.
Our Core Values
We strive for continual improvement in our product and in our business. We develop cutting-edge technology, take measured risks, and use critical thinking to evaluate new ideas.
We are dedicated to helping our customers, partners, and academic community succeed with mathematical optimization.
We endeavor to be honest, trustworthy, and transparent in everything we do. We are fair, respectful, and inclusive of everyone.
We love the work we do and are proud of the impact we have.
The Power of the Team
We celebrate the fact that we are an international, multigenerational, and multicultural team that works together to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are committed to a healthy work environment at Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse global community. We welcome different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Gurobi is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or membership in any other legally protected category.
What does working remote for a global company mean at Gurobi? We require you to be eligible to live and work in the location where the position is needed. You can see the location of this position at the top of the posting within the Region/Location/ Travel line. Region pertains to the area that the role primarily supports. Location pertains to where you would need to reside to be considered.