Senior Salesforce Developer - US Remote
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Interested in becoming a Gurobian? This position asks:
1. Do you enjoy optimizing and enhancing the Salesforce platform?
2. Are you passionate about analyzing business practices?
3. Does being part of a global team and working collaboratively bring you joy?
*If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to learn details about this opportunity.
As a Senior Salesforce Developer at Gurobi Optimization, you will be critical in optimizing and enhancing our company's Salesforce platform to drive sales productivity and operational efficiency.
Your in-depth experience, expertise, and understanding of business processes will help define and evolve our CRM strategy.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Salesforce platform. You will manage user access and permissions and troubleshoot any technical issues. Additionally, you will analyze business requirements and requests and modify the platform to align with our needs. You will also integrate any third-party applications.
Collaborating across our global team, you will drive training to support our user needs and ensure consistency in our process, allowing us to leverage the platform to its full potential.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about optimizing Salesforce solutions and have a successful CRM administration track record.
What will you be doing?
· Develop custom Salesforce Sales applications for Sales to solve complex business problems by working across various teams and understanding the needs of our customers.
· Design, code, unit test, debug, implement, and support the Salesforce.com application.
· Support internal stakeholders through requirement gathering and troubleshooting processes.
· Collaborate with consultants and developers worldwide to assess implementation needs and develop innovative solutions spanning different subject matter domains.
· Implement plans that exceed expectations, including creating requirement documentation, quality assurance, and change management tasks.
· Document implementation objectives, issues, findings, and recommendations for the internal knowledge base and various business needs.
· Provide day-to-day administration support, monitoring internal case queues, and assisting with troubleshooting and resolving permission issues, validation errors, and bugs in custom solutions.
· Address internal and external security risks to company and client data using Salesforce's platform security tools and custom risk management solutions.
· Assist with report and dashboard creation and other data management tasks.
· Utilize excellent communication skills to train highly technical and inexperienced users on Salesforce and related technologies.
· Serve as a cross-functional reference and Salesforce expert throughout the company.
What experience and qualifications should you have?
· Salesforce Certification: Possess at least 1 Salesforce certification (platform developer 1 and platform developer 2 Preferred) and have earned numerous Trailhead badges, with at least 50 badges or exceptional achievements in super badges.
· Education: Hold a Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
· Experience: Have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience working with CRM applications, ERP systems, Middleware, Integrations, cloud-based software implementations, and business process consulting.
· Technology Proficiency: Proficient in using technology, including Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams) and various software packages like LucidCharts, Asana, Jira, or similar tools.
What skills and abilities should you have?
· Implementation experience on LWC is mandatory.
· Hands-on experience on APEX, SOQL, SOSL
· Working knowledge of LWC, Events, Component Life Cycle, Using Public Properties, and Wire methods.
· Implementation experience of Enterprise design pattern
· Visual Studio Code, Authorize Dev Hub, Creating Scratch Orgs
· Experienced in Lightning Aura Components, Apex Classes, Apex Triggers, Batch Apex, Test Classes
· Comfortability with various development tooling, including Force.com IDE, Illuminated Cloud, Ant migration tool, and others.
· Knowledge of implementation standards and technology practices, including change management methodology and database management.
· Familiar with and capable of training users on Salesforce functionality, including integrated third-party applications like Conga Composer, DocuSign, Quip, etc. Alternatively, you are enthusiastic about learning these functionalities and then training others.
· Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
· Can handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines by effectively prioritizing work projects.
· Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with coworkers and stakeholders.
What other requirements should you have?
· Have an understanding of Lead to Cash business processes.
· Highly motivated to continuously learn and share knowledge with the team, working collaboratively and effectively as a vital part of the team.
Do you know Gurobi?
Gurobi is an innovative remote company full of smart, committed professionals who are passionate about helping people solve tough problems through optimization. We balance work and fun while continuing to build a successful company that experiences growth in a sustainable way with purpose. When you join Gurobi, your voice matters. We believe in the power of people and never stop improving our work culture.
We produce the most advanced and respected commercial solver software globally. Our Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by over 2,500 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions - or even trillions - of possible solutions to find the best one!
Just to show you how versatile our solver is - one of our clients is the NFL. We maximize league revenue by solving one of the world’s most complex scheduling problems. Can you believe it had over 800 trillion possible solutions? We get so excited for these possibilities!
Our enterprise clients include Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, and SAP - just to proudly name a few.
Did you know we have been remote since 2008? It's true. The size of our team has tripled in 3 years just to keep up with our global support needs. While growth does require the business to evolve and change over time, we stay centered on our 5 core values: Customer Focus, Integrity, Dedication, Innovation, and The Power of the Team. That's why Gurobians will be the first to tell you that when you join Gurobi - you join a company that you can help drive far into the future.
What we offer?
· GREAT COMPANY CULTURE!
· 100% work from home
· Comprehensive compensation benefits programs
· Generous time off and leave programs
· Fun virtual meetups and classes
· Real work/life balance
· Reimbursement for any new home office furniture
· Worldwide team and company offsite meetings - business travel reimbursed
· Continuous review of programs – based on continuous feedback from our people.
Our Core Values
We strive for continual improvement in our product and in our business. We develop cutting-edge technology, take measured risks, and use critical thinking to evaluate new ideas.
We are dedicated to helping our customers, partners, and academic community succeed with mathematical optimization.
We endeavor to be honest, trustworthy, and transparent in everything we do. We are fair, respectful, and inclusive of everyone.
We love the work we do and are proud of the impact we have.
The Power of the Team
We celebrate the fact that we are an international, multigenerational, and multicultural team that works together to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are committed to a healthy work environment at Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse global community. We welcome different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Gurobi is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or membership in any other legally protected category.
What does working remote for a global company mean at Gurobi? We require you to be eligible to live and work in the location where the position is needed. You can see the location of this position at the top of the posting within the Region/Location/ Travel line. Region pertains to the area that the role primarily supports. Location pertains to where you would need to reside to be considered.