Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (Hybrid) - Full-Time; Ottawa, ON
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Schedule / Shift: Monday – Friday; Days; 37.5 per week
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and working closely with members of the Executive Management Team, in particular the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Sales Officer, the Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis plays a crucial role in monitoring performance and supporting operational and strategic decision-making by providing timely and insightful financial analysis, forecasting, and operational support to the Finance departments. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to both financial performance and operational effectiveness.
This is a hybrid role with occasional presence required at the Allyant office in Ottawa during the work week.
If you are a dynamic self-starter, eager to learn and expand your knowledge, Allyant offers you an excellent working environment to grow and develop professionally with a dedicated team of professionals just like you. Competitive compensation and benefits package, coupled with the learning opportunities make this an excellent opportunity.
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Collaborate with the Finance team to develop, maintain, and enhance financial models, forecasts, and budgets.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of performance against the annual budget, and run regular, comprehensive forecasts to monitor the Company’s results and achievements for the departments under their responsibility.
- Prepare and maintain the weekly update of the sales forecast for the current month and quarter sales outlook against budget and forecast by revenue line.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analysis by business line, customer, revenue line/product/project and other dimensions as required.
- Support the month-end and quarter-end close processes by reconciling data, preparing accruals, and assisting with financial reporting.
- Gather and analyze data related to sales performance, customer trends, and market dynamics.
- Analyze financial data and performance metrics to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, providing actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Analyze cost of goods sold to ensure that revenues and costs are captured properly in the same month, while reconciling financial data between the accounting systems, sales databases and operations platforms as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports, variance analysis, and presentations for the Executive Management Team and for Board meetings.
Data Management and Reporting
- Regularly review, refine and improve upon data processes and tools in order to increase quality, reliability and reduce time of report preparation to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Create and maintain customized reports and dashboards and continue to enhance the use of relevant tools (e.g., Excel, ERP, CRM, BI software).
- Support due diligence and provide analytical and advisory support for acquisitions and integration of financial and administrative functions for acquired companies, as required.
- Prepare reports at the request of the CEO, CFO and Director, Finance for the Executive Management Team and the Board of Directors on areas that fall within the scope or mandate of the role.
- Other duties as assigned particularly as the Company scales up and grows through acquisition.
Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a university degree in Accounting, Finance or Financial Management.
- Master’s degree or relevant certification preferred (e.g. CPA, CFA designation).
- A minimum 5+ years of progressive experience combining both financial planning and analysis activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, data analysis tools, and different software platforms such as ERP (e.g. Sage Intacct), CRM (e.g. Salesforce) and BI (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
- Excellent knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems and processes.
- Understanding of software and percentage of completion revenue recognition.
Skills and Abilities
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time with a proven ability to deliver quality work and meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to define opportunities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and strong adherence to the practice of business ethics.
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle difficult personalities and situations independently.
- Analytical skills: Able to interpret complex financial, sales and operational data, draw meaningful conclusions, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present findings and insights to diverse audiences.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a commitment to accuracy and data integrity.
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPA and/or CFA preferred.
Allyant is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. We value a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged and welcomed. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer-focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can acquire and hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.