Secure Transcription Specialist - Full Time; Ogdensburg, NY
Reports to: Manager, QA & Secure Transcription
Schedule / Shift: Monday – Friday; Days; 37.5 per week
The Secure Transcription Specialist is a member of the Secure Transcription Department and is responsible for the daily statement production, document reproduction, printing, packaging, and shipment of alternate format documents and statements for blind, low vision, and print disabled users. The position is also responsible for the daily coding of documents using Allyant’s proprietary software and for supporting the work of other Allyant departments on an as-needed basis.
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Secure Transcription Specialist are as follows (such duties and responsibilities being subject to amendment or other changes as determined by Allyant on an ongoing basis):
- Understanding SLA requirements for all customers, including required turnaround times and applicable document production standards.
- Ensuring that documents and statements sent to Production are reproduced in the appropriate format, reviewed for compliance with applicable Quality Standards, packaged and shipped in a timely manner, within customer SLA requirements.
- Proofread alternat format documents on an ongoing basis, and coordinate document accuracy with transcription and production staff.
- Using FASTtrack (FT) for processing for US manual customers:
- Learning and using the FT tool for all manual secure transcription work.
- Gather feedback for improvements and share with other team members.
- Operating binding and printing equipment.
- Operating manual and automated embossing equipment.
- Stuffing and packaging parcels.
- Receiving and shipping parcels.
- Reporting quality problems to the appropriate personnel for timely correction.
- Tracking time spent on specific transcription tasks in support of invoicing and human resources processes and through appropriate Allyant utilities, such as Big Time and JIRA.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members of other departments on the progress and status of specific jobs and assignments.
- Assisting in other areas of the US Operations to ensure the timely completion and distribution of customer statements, as directed by the US Operations Manager, her superiors, or Senior Employees under the direction of the US Operations Manager.
- Keeping current, with, and, diligently applying, applicable best practices for the production of documents and statements in alternative formats.
- As time permits, completing the Braille Certification Training and any other training as deemed appropriate to the effective performance of the job.
- Maintaining work area in a safe and clean fashion and following all health and safety policies and standards.
- Comfortable with the use of computers
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks of self and others and troubleshoot problems and issues
- Excellent organizing skills.
- Strong relationship and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Must successfully pass and maintain satisfactory results in criminal background check, credit check and drug screening processes.
Allyant is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. We value a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged and welcomed. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.